• RULES •
1.) Be polite to everyone. DO NOT bash fandoms, characters, ships, or anything else. You will be banned. This is your ONLY warning.
2.) Participate at least once every 16 DAYS. This rule is in place to keep the teams as even, with active participating members, as possible. You don't have to do everything. Just something. You will know if you are inactive based on getting a PM from your mod or me.
3.) Follow instructions set out in challenge posts. The rules are there for a reason; size limits are often there for a reason. Deadlines are to be followed to the minute, however, I will give some leeway if you can provide a reason for it being late. If you would like more time on a challenge, please provide a minimum of 24 hours notice, as well as a reason.
4.) Please provide a warning on your entries if the entry contains any spoilers. I suggest putting it under a spoiler cut so that people have to click it to be spoiled. It's preferred that this be on rare occasion.
5.) You must provide a warning on all art that includes risqué images like sex scenes or suggestive themes. If you do not, I will not count it for the challenge.
6.) Most challenges allow for one additional point if you include a sigtag or team icon.
7.) Art cannot be re-used in multiple challenges. If this happens, you will get a PM advising that it will not be counted.
• landofart - The main community where all of the challenges will be posted. Track HERE.
• team_ren - For those members on Team Renaissance. This is the community that you want to track HERE if you want to take part in any team activities. The mods also post reminders.
• team_punk - For those members on Team Steampunk. This is the community that you want to track HERE if you want to take part in any team activities. The mods also post reminders.
• team_popart - For those members on Team Pop Art. This is the community that you want to track HERE if you want to take part in any team activities. The mods also post reminders.
• theartshow - This is the community used to post your art. You don't have to use it. You could post your art to your own journal or your own community (as long as I can access it) but if you don't have any of those, theartshow is an alternative.
• theartmods - This is a community specifically for the mods of Land of Art. Here we'll keep track of who is inactive/active as well as discuss challenges and other modly things.
• theartmisc - This community is used for things I link to challenges so that I don't get a million emails of people commenting on certain challenges that are heavy on commenting.
• WHAT IS LAND OF ART
Land of art is a graphic based land comm. A land comm is a community that is challenge based. There are two teams filled with members that complete challenges to gain points.
• HOW DO I JOIN?
Click HERE and copy/paste the details of the textbox into a new comment with your preference of teams and I will put you on a team.
• AM I LIMITED TO WHAT I CAN MAKE ART OF?
NO, there is no limitation to what you can or cannot make art with. You can use: TV Shows, Movies, Videos Games, Anime, Stock, Celebrities, etc. If you want to use it, you probably can. There are very few challenges where you are limited but if you are limited, it's typically something like: TV Shows only. It's highly unlikely that it will ever be focused on one show/movie.
• DO I NEED TO BE ABLE TO MAKE ALL KINDS OF GRAPHICS?
No, you can make anything you'd like as long as the challenge permits it. This is definitely the community to learn about different types of graphic types.
• WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A QUESTION FOR A CHALLENGE?
In every single challenge, there will be a Questions thread where you can ask your questions. Remember, no question is a dumb question. I typically will respond rather quickly but please allow for at least a 12 hour response time just in case.
• I HAVE A QUESTION; I WANT TO OPT OUT; I NEED TO GO ON HIATUS, WHERE DO I FIND THESE?
They are all in the sidebar on landofart.
• HOW DO I ENTER A CHALLENGE?
Every challenge will have a "HOW TO SUBMIT" title near the bottom of every challenge. It will indicate there how to submit. Most of the challenges, you will reply to a comment that shows your team name.
• IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN KEEP TRACK OF THE CURRENT CHALLENGES?
I have a post on landofart as a sticky post right at the top HERE that I keep mostly up-to-date on the current challenges and when they are due. There is also a list of challenges on the current phase spreadsheet as well.
• I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL HAVE ZERO POINTS, WHEN I'VE COMPLETED CHALLENGES
Check the 'Current Challenges' list. There is a section labeled "Need to be Tallied", if the challenges you have submitted for are listed there than they just need to be tallied first. If the challenges you completed are not listed there, than please send me a PM and I will look into it.
• WHAT IS A SIGTAG/TEAM ICON?
A sigtag is a 300x150 banner that is used to get an additional point in a challenge. A Team icon, is identical to a sigtag except as an icon instead. Your sigtag must include your username + your team name. The Team Icon is a little different in that you only need to include the team name on it somewhere. You do not need to include your username.
• SIGTAGS/TEAM ICONS, DO THEY NEED TO REPRESENT THE TEAM NAME?
Absolutely not. You definitely can, but you don't have to. The team name is just that, a team name. Nothing more.
• DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE THE MAXIMUM ART PER CHALLENGE?
No, if you only want to make one piece of art, make one piece. Participation is participation, no matter how big or small it is. Obviously, more art means more points but this community is about having fun not forcing yourself to complete art. Do what is comfortable for you.
• WHAT ARE GOLDEN TICKETS?
Golden Tickets are little tickets you can win to use in challenges, in the place of actually creating art. So if you come across a challenge that you don't have time for or don't like the art it's asking you to create, you can use them to still get points.
• HOW DO I GET GOLDEN TICKETS?
Each phase a side post is put out called "Request It" where you can make art for other members to receive golden tickets. There is also a chance to get Golden Tickets at the end of the phase for most posts and getting 100% participation.
• WHAT IS THE REQUEST IT POST ABOUT?
Request it is a side thing people can do if they feel like making art for other people. You can request art for others to make for you or create art for others. There are no points associated with this post but you will win Golden Tickets that you can use in the place of art in challenges that permit it.
If there is something missing from this post, please send me a PM or ask it HERE.